I’m always looking for a way to eat healthy and cut calories without sacrificing taste. I recently came up with a quick recipe for enchiladas using a homemade quinoa tortilla. The tortilla itself takes only a few minutes to prepare and the enchilada doesn’t take much time either. I found the tortilla recipe online. I will link it below so you can check it out.
This recipe is so delicious! Just make it and thank me later 😉
Quinoa flour tortillas (see recipe link below)
Cheese (Vegan cheese works as well)
Beans or filling of choice
Green Salsa (Herdez Brand)
Optional Toppings: Lettuce, Tomatoes, onions, etc.
1. Take a quinoa tortilla and lay it flat. Add filling of choice. I used refried beans (about 2 tablespoons), green sauce (about 1/2 tablespoon) and a little shredded cheese blend (about 1 tablespoon).
*measurements are approximent, adjust depending on the size of your tortilla and how full you would like them.
2. Roll the tortilla and place it in a baking pan. Top it with green sauce and cheese.
3. Continue the steps above with as little or as many enchiladas as you would like to make.
4. Bake it at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted. You can also place it in the microwave to melt the cheese.
5. Remove from the oven and add additional toppings to your liking. I like to add lettuce, tomatoes and greek yogurt. These are great without toppings too.
Quinoa Tortilla Materials
1 cup quinoa flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
Griddle (preferred) or Large Pan
Cooking Oil Spray
I discovered this wonderful tortilla recipe from mindovermunch.com. Check out the site for the full detailed recipe here.
For the quinoa flour you can purchase it pre-made or you can make it yourself. To make quinoa flour just grind quinoa grains in a coffee grinder or a food processor until it is a flour like texture. Store your homemade quinoa flour in the freezer to keep fresh.
Thanks for hanging out today!