Lashes haven’t always come easy to me. For a long time I just went without them so I didn’t have to deal with the application process lol. It wasn’t until I came up with a few tricks and attended a class at MAC that made lash application a dream. I’ve also included a dedicated video to this post to make things easier to understand.
Let’s get started.
Lashes (Ardell, Kiss, and Flutter Lashes are my faves)
Lash glue (House of Lashes is my fave)
Eyeliner of choice (Kat Von D)
The easiest way I learned how to apply lashes was to take the lash and cut it directly in half. Cutting them in half allowed me to only deal with one side at a time.
- Take the lashes and cut it in half making sure you remember which side goes where. The longer portion will always be at the outermost side of the lash. The inner corner portion will be the shortest.
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the lash band and wait about 30 seconds for the glue to get tacky. Depending on the glue it could take a bit longer or shorter amount of time.
- Grab a mirror and place it near your eye so that you are looking down into the mirror. You want to do this so your lid is flat. This makes positioning close to your lash line much easier.
- Take a quick break from looking down and pick up your lashes with tweezers. Now look into the mirror and apply them as close to the lash line as you can, on the outer corner of the eye. Make sure you hold your wrist above the mirror so you don’t have to look up.
- Once they are placed lightly pressed them on with your clean finger or the back of the tweezers.
- Repeat the above steps for the other portion that you cut off but place it closer to the inner corner of your eye. Don’t place it too close to the tear duct as that may cause irritation. You may also choose to just have the false lashes only on the outer corner.
- Lastly, use eyeliner to hide the lash band. If you choose to not use eyeliner opt for a clear glue for a more natural look.
Full strip lashes application
Applying a full strip can be intimidating at first but I promise you with a little practice and this method you will nail it in no time.
- Start by placing the lashes on your eyes, if they hang off your lash line they are too long. Cut off the excess to fit comfortable. When cutting off the excess cut the longer portion to fit as intended.
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the band and wait about 30 seconds for the glue to get tacky.
- Pick up your lashes with the tweezers. (Careful not to touch the glue)
- Grab the mirror and place it near your eye so that you are looking down into the mirror.
- Now look into the mirror and apply them as close to the lash line as you can making sure to place them in the center of the eye. Once that is placed lightly press each corner down with the tweezers.
- Apply eyeliner to hide the lash band.
Individuals are a great way to add a little fullness to your natural lashes or to add a bit more drama to strip lashes. I prefer to use individual clusters that come in 3’s or so. These type of lashes look the most natural.
- First start out by placing lash glue on the back of your clean hand or a makeup palette. Wait until the glue gets tacky.
- Once the glue is tacky place the lash bulb in the glue and apply it to the lash line in areas of your choice. Look down into the mirror once you find where you want to place the lash.
- Look straight into the mirror once you are done so you can see what areas may need additional lashes.
- Eyeliner is not necessary for this method because there is no lash band. Apply if you prefer.
So there you have it! My tips to apply lashes like a pro. Remember it might take a little practice so keep trying. Be sure to check out my video below.
Thanks for hanging out!