St. Patrick’s Day is soon and I wanted to do something festive. I haven’t done a DIY in awhile….it is time lol. This lip scrub is super simple to make, is effective, and not to mention tastes amazing! This scrub lasts well sitting out on the counter but you are welcome to place it in the fridge as well. I make lip scrubs in small batches so I don’t worry about them going bad.
As with any DIY if there are any ingredients that you think you may be allergic to, do a patch test first. If you experience any adverse reactions discontinue use.
Let’s get started.
Makes about 3 tablespoons of scrub
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp olive oil (or more)
Vanilla extract (1-2 drops)
Butter extract (1-2 drops)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of baking soda
Green food coloring (natural options: matcha powder or spirulina powder)
Gold sprinkles (optional)
Small container with a lid
2 small bowls
Fork and spoon for mixing
- Take your first bowl and add 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 drop each of vanilla and butter extract. Then add a pinch of salt and baking soda.
- Mix ingredients together well with a fork. (If you want a more emollient scrub add more olive oil.)
- Next take half the mixture and place it in the second bowl.
- Add your green colorant of choice and mix well. I used a spoon for this because it was much easier to mix.
*With colorant they may stain so less is more. I did not have any issues with staining.
- After that, grab each mix and the gold sprinkles (optional) layer them into the container. Press each section down slightly before moving to the next layer.
How to apply
Thanks for hanging out!